Dr. Kirthi Raju
Dr.Kirthi, Consultant Rheumatologist at Aster Clinic, Bur Dubai (AJMC)
Dr Kirthi is a Consultant Rheumatologist at the Aster Clinic, Bur Dubai Aster Hospital (Mankhool), Medcare Orthopedic and spine hospital and Medcare Hospital in Dubai. She is associated with the DM health care from the last 4 years.
At Aster, she was instrumental in setting up the department of Rheumatology. The majority of the patients managed are those with inflammatory arthritis mostly Rheumatoid arthritis, Psoriaticarthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis &Gout. Besides those patients she has also seen patients with systemic connective tissue disorders such as Lupus, Myositis are also managed
Before joining DM Healthcare she was a full time Consultant at Global Health City, & part time consultant at Fortis, India. She was also associated with Sri Ramachandra Chandra medical center as faculty in Rheumatology & Telemedicine.
She did her Rheumatology training- DM- Rheumatology( Post-Doctoral training) from the prestigious Madras Medical College.She graduated (MBBS) in 1995 & did her post graduation in Internal Medicine (MD) between 1996 – 1999. She has attended the Advanced Musculoskeletal ultrasound course conducted by EULAR and is in the process of incorporating Ultrasound as a part of routine rheumatology evaluation.Education
- 2015 – Specialty Certificate in Rheumatology at Federation of Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom & The British Society of Rheumatology.
- 2005 – 2008 – DM (Rheumatology ) from Government General Hospital, Madras Medical College, Madras, India.
- 1999 – 2002 – MD (Master’s Degree in Internal medicine) from The Rajaji Govt. Hospital. Madurai Medical college, Madurai, India.
- 1995 – 2000 – M.B.B.S from Kottayam Medical college, Mahatma Gandhi university, Kottayam, Kerala, India.
- 2014 – Present – Consultant Rheumatologist at Aster Clinic, Bur Dubai, Aster Hospital Mankhool and Medcare Hospital.
- 2010 – 2013 – Consultant Rheumatologist at Global Hospitals & Health City, Chennai, India.
- 2008 – 2009 – Specialist Rheumatologist at Department of rheumatology &Internal medicine, Royal Hospital, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman.
- 2005 – 2008 – Fellow, Department of Rheumatology at Government General Hospital, Madras Medical College, Madras, India.
- 2004 – 2005 – Assistant Professor Department of Internal Medicine at Sri Ramachandra Medical college Hospital, Chennai, India.
- 2001 – 2004 – General physician
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis,
- SLE& related systemic connective tissue disorders
- Early arthritis
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Palindromic rheumatism
English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu.